UNIVERSITIES AND SCHOOLS
The education community has been a great advocate of Movember, with staff and students across the UK supporting Movember by raising awareness and funds for men’s health at their school or university. Keep reading to find out more about the various programmes we run on campus.
University is a daunting step to take, and a time of uncertainty and new beginnings. Movember is the perfect opportunity for anxious but keen students to make new friends, partake in some healthy competition and test the limits of, what will be for some, their inaugural Mo.
BUILDING YOUR MOVEMBER TEAM
BIG MOUSTACHE ON CAMPUS – UNIVERSITY CHALLENGE
- Register at movember.com and become a team captain.
- For the rest of the month, get your crew to register and join your team. Remember, Mo Sistas can register as team captains or join your team.
- Order a free poster pack from the merchandise area on the website to promote Movember in your halls or student union. Raise awareness using email and the University Intranet.
- Put the challenge out to other halls, rival Universities, sports teams and lecturers to see who can grow the best Mo's and build the biggest team.
- Search on Movember.com to see if your University has a network. If it doesn’t, why not be the network lead? (Contact our team at email@example.com for details)
The network will be set up by Movember, however once it has been established it can be managed by someone from within the University.
Keep an eye out for the BMOC_UK network page, the newly launched UK University Challenge.
In 2012 UK University, college and school students have the opportunity to band together as a Moustache Army, all the while competing with one another for the title of Top Campus and Big Mo on Campus.
Do you have a big sports fixture in November? If so, why not make it Mo. We want to encourage University sport teams to become part of the Varsity challenge. Any sport, any match and any kind of Mo.
||MOVEMBER IN SCHOOLS
Not many male students are able to grow a Mo for Movember, so this year, Movember is encouraging pupils to choose a moustache style for their teachers, giving the kids a chance to tell them what to do for once!
Our traditional Style Guide has been redesigned and every type of Mo renamed in honour of our scholastic supporters. The 'Please Sir, Grow a Mo!' Style Guide can be downloaded and placed around your school so pupils can have some fun this Movember, choosing which Mo their teachers can grow.
This year, the Mo is king, knowledge is power, and it's the teachers who will help change the face of men's health.
Download the 'Please Sir, Grow a Mo' Style Guide.
If your school is participating in Movember then make sure you enter the Schools Challenge - where the kids can finally tell the teachers what to do as they choose their Mo’s